The ancient Abbey House lies on the North Quay of Padstow harbour and dates from the late 1400s, possibly with earlier origins. The building was originally a guild house believed to have belonged to the ‘Guild of St Petroc’, a group of local traders.
A photo of Abbey House dating from 1906 has a hand-written caption referring to a “Leper Window”, so it seems that the building at one point may have housed lepers. It is now a private residence. It is rumoured that at one time there was a tunnel connecting the Abbey House to the nearby monastery, although this has neither been proved or disproved.