Tonkyn butcher shop Church street (Date unknown) Today this building is a private residence.
Abbey House The ancient Abbey House lies on the North Quay of Padstow harbour and dates from the late 1400s, possibly with earlier origins. The building was originally a guild […]
The interior of the church taken by Francis Frith in 1894 with the font in the foreground. The fourteenth century font has carvings of the twelve Apostles, three on each […]
98 years later most of the houses in Grove place are holiday homes.
St Petroc’s church, Padstow – monument to Sir Nicholas Prideaux This family monument commemorates principally Sir Nicholas Prideaux (†1627), his wife, and sons. The inscription panels contain an extensive genealogical […]
Dennis Rd was originally one of the towns rope walks where rope was made for sailing ships. No ropes line the street today, just cars and holiday homes.
Trethillick lane runs from the top of Church street to Trethillick Farm, Francis Frith’s image was taken from Church Street in 1920 when there were a few more trees. […]
South Western Hotel From 1899 until 1967 Padstow railway station was the westernmost point of the former Southern Railway. The building of The Metropole Hotel (formerly South Western Hotel) started […]